Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Nov. 22, 2005


It's a forte night before Nicole and I embark on our trek to the 27th Festival International Nuevo Cine Latinoamericano, aka the Havana Film Festival. Yippeee!!! Bloodletting is one of many films being screened in Cuba, and it is an honor to be one filmmaker admist a bunch of an international filmmakers.

Thing is, since I was a kid growing up in the boogie down Bronx, I've always wanted to visit Cuba. It must be that island-bronx connection. Anyway when I got the chance to visit Cuba to make Bloodletting it was a dream come true, and I swore that I'd return to show my film. I feel lucky to have been chosen, and I feel quesy that it's all going on the credit cards! Ugh! But I know I'm making the right choice to go.

What I'm looking forward to is watching movies galore, though my Spanish sucks. I'm eager to check out Cuban hip hop. Palabra a la madre! Translation: Word to the Mother! And I'm excited to make a global connection while returning to Cuba to thank everyone for helping make Bloodletting happen. For everyone back in Estados Unidos (U.S.A.) who'll check out the blog and keep in touch with our trek, I want to say: thank you, thank you, thank you. Without your support and belief in the project I wouldn't be going.

Stay tuned for stories & reflections from la isla de Cuba!!!!

Peace,
Lorna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home