Monday, December 12, 2005

remaining calm

Hola folks frtom Havana. Sorry I have not been able to keep updating you all as often as I had planned but such is life. I will update the blog meticulously upon my return. Juswt to let you all know, Nicole and I are meeting great folks here, seeing some interesting flicks, though we did see one Mexican one in which we walked out of. Ugh! Basura, translation...garbage. Our screening was scheduled to be today. We got there all dressed up in our nice clothes only to discover that it was CANCELED!! Nicole reamined calm as she informed our 12 guests of the mala news. I remained sad and quiet. Turns out that the copy that was translated into spanish from Venezuela had not shown up yet. We had to figure out the issues, and Nicole in her level headedness as a great producer learned that the doc will be screening tomorrow, which changed our plans to Santa Clara where our compadre Arnaldo is coordinating 2 screenings with independent filmmakers and medical students. Though I squeezed out a few tears I thought about the Kabbalah and breathed deeply, thinking that it will all work out, that it is more inportant to remain calm. Well, it has all worked out and we will have a repeat performance Tuesday at 2pm at the Charoile Chaplin Theatre!!! What I am most looking forward to is finally meeting Arnaldo, who works in television in Santa Clara!!! I am also excited to have befriended the rappers Krudas, two amazing women rappers, and I will be shooting a short music video before leaving. Well more dteails later.
Ciao from Lorna and Nicole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home